Between fielding customer complaints, employee schedules, and a never-ending inbox, being a small business owner is tough. Luckily, there are hundreds of mobile apps for small business owners that can help you better grow and run your business.
We’ve compiled a list of 10 essentials mobile apps to add to your small business arsenal. With them, improvements in organization, team collaboration and communication, and work/life balance are right at your fingertips (and thumbs):
Expensify streamlines “the way your employees report expenses, the way expenses are approved, and the way you export that information to your accounting package” for “expense reports that don’t suck.”
- Take and upload photos of your receipts directly from your smartphone. Never worry about losing a receipt again!
- Automatically match a receipt’s details with a credit card charge.
- Categorize and group expenses while creating reports on-the-go.
- Easily send reports through the appropriate approvals to get repaid sooner.
A “smart, agile, and visual” task management tool, MeisterTask makes team collaboration and project management seamless.
- Log into your dashboard for a quick glimpse at project updates and open tasks to productively plan your day.
- Keep private “To-Do” lists or create full project boards for the entire team.
- Assign tasks and deadlines to team members to ensure accountability and implementation.
“Inbox Zero” is possible with Mailbox by Dropbox.
- Quickly swipe messages to archive or trash.
- Mailbox’s “Auto-Swipe” learns your habits to automate common actions.
- Snooze messages to have them automatically returned to your inbox tomorrow, this weekend, or next month, so you can focus on what’s really important first.
With Fuze, you can videoconference with anyone, anywhere, anytime, granting you mobile flexibility without decreasing availability.
- Enable multi-party video and audio to stay connected with your team.
- Improve content collaboration with deeper engagement and increased productivity by sharing dynamic content and annotating documents, presentations, and videos.
- Directly schedule Fuze meetings in the calendar and integrate with your existing tools, like Microsoft Outlook, Lync, and Google Calendar.
As a small business owner, Pocket helps you “save interesting articles, videos, and more from the web for later enjoyment” when you’re pressed for time.
- Collect articles, videos, and anything else you’d like to read or watch later in Pocket.
- Save directly from your browser or from apps like Twitter, Flipboard, Pulse, and Zite.
- Pick up your reading from any device, even without an Internet connection.
When you’re rushing between meetings or to make deadlines, it can easy to neglect the people and things at home. Create a special space to communicate with your VIPs using Couple.
- Send messages, photos, and more in your two-person shared timeline, accessible by any mobile or desktop device.
- Find restaurants nearby, create to-do lists, use a shared calendar, and location features to make life easier.
- Send “ThumbKisses” or draw together in Live Sketch.
A community-based traffic and navigation app, Waze makes sure you get “the best route, every day, with real–time help from other drivers.”
- Get alerted before you approach police, accidents, road hazards, or traffic jams.
- Choose a new, quicker route during your commute, based on community-edited maps (i.e. no dead ends).
- Navigate to the cheapest gas station on your route, powered by community-shared gas prices.
- Connect to Facebook to track your friends using the app and coordinate arrivals.
Sign and send any document on-the-go with just a few clicks from the DocuSign mobile app.
- Legally sign and return documents from anywhere, anytime, on any device.
- Prepare and send documents for signatures or complete in-person signings straight from your mobile device.
- Find out when someone views your document and log in anytime to refer it to in the future.
Stay in touch with your network, prepare for meetings, and strengthen relationships for future opportunities with LinkedIn’s networking app.
- Get notified about important updates in your network, like birthdays and work anniversaries, and easily reach out with a quick message.
- Receive push notifications directly to your mobile device for the day’s most important updates.
- Sync with your calendar and gain pre-meeting intelligence to start a conversation or find common interests.
Unfortunately, as a small business owner, you may not have the resources for an assistant to coordinate your travel. Enter TripIt – You make the bookings, TripIt handles the rest.
- Forward your confirmation emails and TripIt builds your master itinerary.
- Get access from any device and share it with important people.
- Sync with your calendar to keep your travel schedule organized.
- Store important documents (passports, driver’s license) and contacts (babysitter, doctor) in your “Traveler Profile” and share it when needed.