Making a list, checking it twice. Going to find out… if your mobile marketing is holiday ready or not?
Ready or not, the holiday season is quickly approaching, making now the time to launch your holiday mobile marketing campaigns.
Think you can afford to sit out this season? Think again.
- The National Retail Federation reported an overall year-over-year increase of nearly 5% in holiday retail sales in 2014. Last year was also America’s most mobile year-to-date with 46.1% of total traffic to e-commerce websites coming from mobile devices.
- 2015 is shaping up to be a record setting year for consumer spending. Sales are projected to be as high as $965 billion between November and January, yielding the highest growth since 2011.
- Consumers are becoming more comfortable making purchases from their mobile device. By the end of 2016, 25% of all retail ecommerce sales in the U.S. will take place via mobile devices.
- 90% of mobile app users will make holiday purchases through mobile apps.
While decking the halls with festive messaging and visuals is helpful, there are several other ways to prepare your mobile marketing for the upcoming holiday season.
Get ready for the holiday rush with these tips on how to prepare your mobile website and mobile app for the holidays.
Get your mobile website mobile-ready for the holidays.
Mobile-optimized websites are always an important part of any mobile marketing strategy; however, they are especially important during the holiday season. Therefore, your mobile website must be optimized for mobile viewing and shopping.
For maximum potential profits during the holiday season, make sure:
- Your mobile checkout process that is flawless. Confirm that your “Add to Cart” and “Checkout” buttons are working properly, and optimize the entire process to be as mobile-friendly as possible. This includes making text and shopping icons easy to read and using “fat finger friendly” buttons.
- Your mobile website is prepared for a traffic increase. To deliver the quickest page load time and best mobile user experience, complete several rounds of load testing to ensure servers can handle additional traffic and fix any broken hyperlinks or images and 404s.
- You’ve enabled quick, intuitive navigation by adding best sellers to your homepage. Do an inventory of last year’s holiday sales. Then, add the top selling items as “quick links” on your homepage.
- Your email marketing campaigns send users to a mobile-friendly website. Two thirds of all emails are opened on a mobile device. Responsive or mobile-optimized designs improve clicks and conversions up to 20%.
Update your existing mobile app or create and launch a new one in time for the holiday season.
Although the holidays are quickly closing in, there is still time to edit an existing mobile app or build and launch an entirely new one before they arrive.
While the majority of holiday shopping and marketing is timed around Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Christmas Eve (dubbed “Mobile Eve” by mobile marketers) shows a 24% spike in mobile traffic, due to shopper procrastination and mobile ease of purchase. This doesn’t mean you should wait until the last minute to launch your app – or risk being caught in the “App Store Freeze” – but rather you still have time if you haven’t yet begun building it (but you must move quickly!).
Capitalize on the surge in mobile traffic, sales, and app downloads during the holidays with these tips for your mobile app:
- Use push notifications to your advantage. Keep customers up-to-date with timely push notifications regarding coupons, sales, free shipping, and other specials.
- Use location to deliver relevant information and engage your audience. Personalize the user experience by providing local store information based on location. Or use geolocation to send targeted push notifications for discounts redeemable at nearby brick-and-mortar locations.
- Incorporate holiday-themed messaging or features. Create a holiday countdown or gift tracking feature. Include festive tips and How-Tos, such as a gift wrapping tutorial. Or offer a “Secret Santa Special” to app users only.
- Make finding information easy. While mobile apps are generally more beneficial for harboring return customers and encouraging audience engagement, the holiday season forces users to change their habits in search of information. The top three mobile app uses during the holiday season include: viewing a product’s ratings and reviews, comparing price, and redeeming in-store coupons. Make this information as easy as possible to find!
We can help.
With Advice Mobile, you can easily get your mobile marketing prepared for the holidays.
No coding or frustration required, we offer a powerful mobile website builder you can use anywhere, anytime, on any device. We can also help you publish and launch a new mobile app quickly and efficiently. We even make changes to existing mobile websites and apps easy with our mobile editing capability.
We’re even offering a desktop website, mobile website and mobile app at our premium level pricing. Request a demo to learn more – but do it soon! The holidays won’t wait for you!